Thursday, March 03, 2005

Dream about the president having a low approval rating

I saw an internet web page, black background, white type. The text in the white font said (best as I can remember) that president Bush's actual approval rating as measured by polls was 13%. My recollection of the dream, the way I remembered it, was that the percentage figure according to the text on the page in the dream was definitely less than 15%, but I was not sure due to my imperfect memory if the text on the page said the figure was between five and ten or between ten and fifteen. As I looked into my imperfect memory my imperfect memory seemed to declare that the web page said between ten and fifteen was more likely than the web page saying between five and ten.

Real waking life note: The web page in the dream looked like an internet web page I had seen in real life earlier, that purported to be the report of a "white house insider", who claimed that he knew the "real" poll numbers and that phony poll numbers are being presented to the public. This self-proclaimed "white house insider" claimed the president's actual approval rating was "less than 20%". I had been wondering what the figures the so-called insider claimed to be looking at really said exactly.

There are alegations and counter-allegations regarding what actual poll numbers are. It is conceivable that results concocted by the counter-culture are in some cases false while the results reported by the mainstream media are correct. The reverse is also conceivable. When I awoke, I was thinking, what percentage of those who tell an interviewer that they have a favorable opinion of a very wealthy famous and powerful political figure, are pretending that their opinion of that famous figure is more positive than it actually is within the hidden recesses of their hearts and minds? What percentage pretend to be more negative than they really are inside?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SM
GA
SC