Sunday, February 27, 2005

A monkey, obnoxious B-Schoolers, USA investment returns low, cozy hockey game, a USATF championships beauty -- Dreams

DREAMS I HAD FEBRUARY 26-27

1 THE MONKEY IN THE KITCHEN (melatonin influenced)

I saw a tan colored monkey about 3 feet tall in my kitchen near the window. It looked more than 3 feet tall, because its arms were so long. It had a blackish face. Looking at it, I felt afraid. It had that intense demeanour, that hyperactive energy that monkeys have. I was afraid it might bite me or attack me. I rushed out the front door of my apartment, locking the door behind me. On my way out, the monkey gently touched my hand with some parts of its body I'm not sure which parts. I woke up, but still felt frightened by the monkey, but not as frightened as I have been in dreams about ghosts or devils. Then I realized that it must have been a dream, because the only way I could have seen the monkey while lying in my bed, would be through dreaming about it.

2 THE OBNOXIOUS BUSINESS-SCHOOL-ITES (melatonin influenced)

I went to see Danny Rudolph, who was one of my best friends in grade school. Now he is dean of Stanford Business School. Before I had the dream, I was at the USATF track championships, where Amy Rudolph ran in the 3000 meters and some guy from Stanford ran in a men's long distance race. In the dream, I was in a building that used alot of wood in its construction, that was about five stories tall. On the top floor, the residence that I thought Danny lived in had white doors. I knocked on the white doors. Some people who were not Danny answered the knock. there were about a half dozen of them. They told me that Danny did not want to see me. These people were white males who were below average in height, and looked to be in their twenties or thirties. They were clean shaven. Most of them were all bundled up as if for the winter, though they were indoors. Their winter clothes featured alot of the blue color. One of them had a clean-shaven face shaped like a peanut and wore granny glasses. They were all hate-filled, rude, contemptuous. It seemed to me they were all constantly on the verge of physically attacking me. I found the only way that I could get them to be civil with me, was to talk to them as if I was an ignoramus in need of being enlightened by their august selves. I did'nt know where I was. They would not tell me where I was. Finally one of them told me that I was in Sudbury. Then I was in some kind of truck like vehicle these people were driving in. I think I was a stow-away on the vehicle. We ended up at this building whose architecture made it seem as if it was in California. It was white on the outside, it had courtyards and things that mixed with various types of plants. Inside the building, some people were holding a memorial service for a daughter of Richard Nixon who had been assassinated. When I awoke I was thinking that the only Sudbury I know of is Sudbury Massachusetts, which is near the town I live in, and whose only claim to fame that I know of is that it is the original home of model Kim Alexis.

3 POOR RETURNS ON AMERICAN INVESTMENTS (melatonin influenced)

In the dream I saw darkness, and the thought in my mind is that all of the USA's invested wealth, which in the dream was about one trillion dollars, had only returned 6 billion dollars in interest dividends etc. in one year.

4 THE COZY HOCKEY GAME (not sure if melatonin influenced)

I was a spectator at a pro ice hockey game. I had not gone to one of those in a long time. I had a seat near the rink. There was something cozy about it. I think that is because a greater percentage of the ice hockey players are white compared to other pro sports, and a greater percent are of normal or close to normal size compared to other pro sports. But I was not looking forward to watching the fights that I expected to break out during the game. I was planning on hiding my head so that I could not see the fights if they broke out. Seemed to me as if someone could get badly hurt in such fights.

5 THE USATF CHAMPIONSHIPS BEAUTY (not melatonin influenced)

Real waking life notes re events of the day before the dream: I had gone to see the USATF track championships. I felt these championships were maybe the heartiest track meet I have ever been to. I did feel too dissapointed by this championships track meet, because although it was not the most "electric" event or place I have ever been to, I have come to believe that for various reasons New England and university type people are simply relatively difficult to 'electrify' and that it will take time and patience to get them to the level of the more 'electric' groups and places. I had sent many emails with poetic prayers to lots of people connected with these championships a few days before the meet. There I saw a very pretty white woman whose first name was Natasha (I have spelled the name slightly differently from the way she spells it) and whose last name was British sounding. She like the other contestants wore her last name on a big white card she wore on her body. This impressed me because I have been feeling that track meets have been trying too hard to hide the identity of the competitors from the spectators, and this wearing the name was the opposite of such hiding. Natasha wore the her dark straight hair on her head like a boy, parted on the side, and she wore a long pony tail. She seemed to be a classic example of a certain type of woman, the slim small breasted type (my philosophy are that there are different types of women who can be compared with others of their own type but not with other types). Natasha reminded me what with her hairstyle of the way I looked when I was a boy (there are people who snicker scornfully at this kind of comparison but I plan on linking this blog-post to boyhood photos of me to douse their snickerings). Then I went to get a snack in the lobby, from the USATF snack-selling desk. There was a nice looking blondish clean shaven guy with a roundish face and a pleasant demeanor at this USATF snack-selling table. While he was selling me the snack, I thought I heard him mutter to me that "Natasha does" etc etc, meaning she wants to marry me. However, partly since I have due to a long series of misfortunes in a sense never lost my humility no matter how many beautiful women I hear want to marry me, I said nothing, feeling unsure as to whether it was just my imagination that he was saying this, even though hearing voices is not one of my characteristics.

In the dream, Natasha and some people and me were in a car in a tunnel, in summerish weather, driving in the direction of a lake. This light-blue colored lake reminded me of Natasha. The lake reminded me of her, or the lake reminded me of the relationship we had in the dream, I am not sure which it was. It felt pleasant to be in a relationship with someone who was (snip sarcastic scorn re such statements) similar to me.

Then, in another segment of this dream or in a separate dream, I was I was in a car with some people moving along a road in summerish weather. In the dream, my trust fund lawyer Janna (I have a small trust fund) had sent me some things, instead of buying something for me. One of the things she had sent me was a bag with about a quarter ounce of marijuana in it. This surprised me quite a bit, that she would send such to me. We who were in the car felt threatened by someone who we felt was following us. We got out of the car and ran through a playground. In the playground there was one of those dome like structures composed of steel colored bars that kids climb on the way people climb on ladders. I was climbing down one of these ladder like things. Beneath me on the ladder like thing there were one or two muscular guys, I had to get from being above them to being below them to get down the ladder like thing. One of these guys was about six feet tall, medium build in terms of heaviness, muscular, well proportioned, clean shaven, with normal length brown hair, who wore spectacles. He used his body to help me climb down past him. He was pleasant and nice. Then we got in another car and continued on our way in the direction of Waltham.


NOTE ON KEEPING A DREAM LOG: Some may frown on me keeping this kind of dream log. My idea, is that one thing about dream-logs, is that they keep you from getting bogged down in any one topic or repeating yourself too much. Politicians may not keep public dream logs, but in the Bible we read of kings discussing their dreams with their advisers. There is a line in the Bible that states that prophets who have dreams should tell people about their dreams. I believe (scriptures corroborate this) that some dreams are insightful, and some are not. Also though scripture does not say this I figure that some dreams are a mix sight of insight and the lack thereof.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SM
GA
SC