Saturday, February 22, 2014

Gym Workout After Long Time Not Exercising

For the first time in a long time, I was out shooting baskets and running. I did not have much time to prepare intellectually for the workout be reviewing my past notes.  So I put together the best practice I could, working from memory and from the thoughts going through my mind. The practice went as follows:

Start February 22 630 PM, End 736 PM; 66 minutes, at Waltham YMCA

No unrecorded warmup activity. I am left-handed.

When I say, my intent was to run a lap in x seconds, I mean, my intent was to run the lap in exactly x seconds, not less than x seconds or more than x seconds.

1 Walked 1 lap of basketball court, counter-clockwise,  dribbling basketball with my right hand.

2  Slow jog, 1 lap of basketball court, clockwise, dribbling basketball with right hand.

3. Slow jog, 1 lap of basketball court, clockwise, dribbling basketball with right hand; done in 52.8 seconds.

4. Slow jog, 1 lap of basketball court, counter-clockwise, dribbling basketball with right hand; done in 59.5 seconds.

5.  Intention: run 1 lap of basketball court, clockwise, dribbling basketball with left hand, in 36 seconds. Accomplished in 28.4 seconds.

6.  Intention: run 1 lap of basketball court, counter-clockwise, dribbling ball with right hand, in 36 seconds. Accomplished in 31.6 seconds.

7. 1/5 on basketball shots from 24' center of court (pro-distance 3-pointer), shooting left-handed.

8. Intention: run 1 lap of basketball court, clockwise, dribbling ball with left hand, in 26 seconds. Accomplished in 26.5 seconds.

9. 1/5 on basketball shots from 24' center of court, shooting right-handed.

10. Intention: run 1 lap of basketball court, counter-clockwise, dribbling ball with right hand, in 26 seconds. Accomplished in 24.4 seconds .

11. 0/5 on 1-dribble 9' slant to left followed by quick basketball shots from 24', left of center, shooting left-handed.

12. Intention: run 1 lap of basketball court, clockwise, dribbling ball with left-hand, in 20 seconds. Lost control of ball.

13. Intention: run 1 lap of basketball court, clockwise, dribbling ball with left-hand, in 20 seconds. Accomplished in 20.7 seconds.

14. 0/5 on: 1-dribble, 9' slant to right followed by quick basketball shots from 24', right of center, shooting right-handed.

15. Intention: run 1 lap of basketball court, counter-clockwise, dribbling ball with right-hand, in 20 seconds. Accomplished in 21.7 seconds.

16. 0/5 on: 1-dribble, 9' slant to left followed by quick basketball shots from 24', right of center, shooting right-handed.

The workout described above, was designed to: be suitable for someone who has not exercised for a while; fit into the existing conditions in terms of sports available; build skill in a time-efficient way; be interesting for myself and others; make use of all my knowledge re building endurance and cardio-vascular health. I give it an A+, considering I had no time before the workout started to think out what I was going to do during the practice.

I've unselfishly divulged every detail of the workout, not hiding anything.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SM
GA
SC