Friday, February 21, 2014

How Emailed Teams Projects Characters Correlate with Military Rank

I was thinking, when it comes to the organization of projects such as the emails to basketball or soccer teams projects, how does the status and position of the players, the coaches, and myself, compare to the various ranks of the military? I figured, that if I could make the correlation, then I could take advantage of all the study and research that has gone into the subject of optimizing performance of military officers and organizations.

Researching the question, I came up with the following webpage:

Number Supervised By Various Military Ranks

I looked at it two ways: the sports-oriented point of view, and the human point of view.

From the sporting perspective: during 2012, there were 9.2 million US males in the 18-21 age group; the top 1000 US college basketball teams include about 15,000 players; the top 1000 college soccer teams include about 25,000 players; 1 in 613 US males age 18-21 is a basketball player on one of the 1000 best US college basketball teams; 1 in 368 US males age 18-21 is a soccer player on one of the 1000 best US college soccer teams.

Therefore, from the sporting perspective, college soccer or basketball players who play on one of the 1000 best college teams in their sport, are like Lieutenant Colonels; the coach who coaches their team is like a Colonel; and I, working with 6-11 teams on a project, am like a Brigadier General.

From the human perspective: the players are like privates; the head-coach of a team is like a Sergeant; and I when working with 6-11 teams on a project, am like a Captain.

And so it might behoove me, to study how persons excel at being a Captains and Brigadier-Generals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SM
GA
SC