Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Winter Olympics 2014 Athletes Mugshots Page

Updated 12:27 PM 2/6/2014

I experimented with redoing the style and colors for the "Athletes - Sochi 2014 Olympics" page.

For the A-M list, I used a palette derived from random number generations, using a random number generator that relies on atmospheric noise currently produced by lightning strikes.

For the N-Z list, I used a palette derived from a software I created called 'RGB Rangefinder'. I plugged one of my favorite colors derived from random number generation used for numerical color-codes, into my 'RGB Rangefinder'.

The makeovers were written in and for the IE Browser. They look the way they are supposed to in IE but not in Chrome.  Results:

2014 Sochi Winter Olympics Athletes A-M

2014 Sochi Winter Olympics Athletes N-Z

Looking at the results of the style makeovers for the athletes list, comparing them to the originals, my reaction: the athletes look more attractive in terms of personality and appearance in the makeovers; looking at the makeover versions, you feel you get a better understanding of the personality of the athlete, empathize with the athlete more.

I resent troubles presented by the sochi2014.com website. You have to keep clicking the more button to load a few more athletes on to a page; yet if you perchance click on some link on the page, leave the page, and then return to it, you will be back to a page that is missing all the athletes you patiently added by clicking on the 'more' link time after time.

Although the Winter Olympics are scheduled to begin February 7, on February 6, almost twice as many athletes were listed at the sochi2014.com website compared to how many were listed February 5. This forced a bunch of busy-work upon me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SM
GA
SC