Sunday, April 13, 2014

Tennis Baseball Soccer Personal Restart

This month, I practiced baseball, tennis, and soccer, in addition to the running, weightlifting, swimming, and basketball that I had been doing for a couple of months now. The results of this month's practices are recorded in the following logs:

Baseball stats 2012 David Virgil Hobbs

Tennis Scored Drill History Table for drill T91108

Stationary Soccer Ball Kick Accuracy Results
(records April 12 2014 practice)

Rolling Soccer Ball Kick Accuracy Results

Previous to this month: the last time I practiced baseball was June 2012 1.75 years ago; the last time I practiced tennis was September 2008 5.5 years ago; and the last time I practiced soccer was November 1 2013, 4.5 months ago.

The achievements and rate of improvement in weightlifting, swimming and running that I experienced over the past 7 weeks, alerted me to the importance of the resurrection of the dabbling in baseball, tennis, and soccer.

The pleasure I got out of mixing running swimming weightlifting and basketball: mentally interested me in adding baseball tennis and soccer to the mix; and, got me into a physical-mental state wherein I felt like dabbling in baseball tennis and soccer.

Things I've experienced and read recently led to the idea that I might be able to climb to world-class in a sport by practicing the sport a surprisingly small number of hours per month.

Between the tennis in 2008 and the tennis this month, I had at least one dream in which I reached to the high heights in tennis. Between the baseball in 2012 and the baseball this month, same thing, an optimistic dream. I had dreams about achieving greatness in soccer before the soccer practices of October 2013.

Looking at my current situation, there are now seven fronts: running, swimming, weightlifting, basketball, baseball, tennis, and soccer. On all seven fronts: there is the potential for world-class achievement; or there already has been world-class achievement; there is an fast rate of improvement.

Fast as I was before I started doing the Olympic weightlifting a couple of months ago, the Olympic weightlifting has made me even faster.

For the first time, I am swimming not just 25 yds at world-record pace, but 50 yds at a brisk pace.

In weightlifting I discovered that I have a talent for the 'Snatch'; without any significant previous training I can lift as much in the Snatch as some guy from Minnesota Chad Moenning who ranks #532 or something in the nation in my weight-class in the Snatch.

In baseball pitching I have speed and can make the ball do crazy things. The second 'inning' in practice April 1 this month, half the pitches were strikes, and a 50% strike-rate is average in the major-leagues.

As for tennis- the improvement rate in tennis practice over the course of about five hours during September 2008, was, in retrospect, fantastic. I didnt realize how fantastic the improvement rate was, until I went out this month, and did the same drill done in 2008, and felt how difficult high scores in the drill are to achieve.

In soccer, we've all known for a long time that if I can just get to the point where I don't get tired and don't feel incapacitating pain in the soles of the feet and the calves, I can be world-class, so long as my abilities don't degenerate. The soccer drill score of today shows that  the soccer ability is not degenerating but improving.

The other day, Anthony Perez, who is a law-student at Mass School of Law, suggested to me the idea that I might well be the best soccer player in the world in my age group. It's surprising how people degenerate in terms of athletic acheivement as they age. For sure I've got my age-group badly whipped on all seven fronts. And forgetting about age, seems like high-status can be achieved on all seven fronts even in competition against men in their prime.

I feel like I am on the verge of doing important miracles, while at the same time, I feel like I am on the verge of losing my housing, food, income, car, liberty, money, free-time, personal energy, things I need in order to be able to accomplish the miracles. I find it disorderly, that I should have to suffer the stress of fear of being without things I need to accomplish miracles, when I am on the verge of accomplishing the miracles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SM
GA
SC