Thursday, June 06, 2013

Tilapia Fish Grilled Experiment a Success


Looking around the grocery stores, I chose Tilapia fillets from the Whole Foods Fish Dept. It was the cheapest fresh (unfrozen) fish they had.

I remembered how back in grade school, Ma had made some fish that I liked, she baked it, with white grapes on top; she did this a couple of times. It was simple, but I liked it.

So after three days of being too lazy to cook the fish, I cooked it, fearing it would go bad. The recipe I used came out of my head, it was almost completely original:

Mix/grind: white grapes, black peppercorns, liquid smoke, 'Hojiblanca' (good for high heat) olive oil, butter, and parsley in a blender; marinate the Tilapia in said sauce for 30 minutes; cook on indoor stovetop grill (flying saucer shaped) 3 minutes first side 4 minutes next side on max heat; finis.

Cooking on stove-top grill at minimal heat, three minutes a side, produced IMHO an inferior result.

The sauce used for marinade and basting I found to be too sweet for use with the cooked fish. Perhaps it could be somehow processed so as to render it more amenable to the fish that it marinated.

I know this recipe was a success. Why? Because I enjoyed the fish without tartar-sauce and fresh lemon juice. Usually, even when I eat at a good restaurant, the tartar-sauce and lemon juice is practically a necessity flavor-wise for me. But the fish following the recipe presented here, I could enjoy without tartar-sauce and fresh lemon-juice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SM
GA
SC