Sunday, June 05, 2005

exercise needed when there are stressful events -- dream

Prior to mid-March, I was really chugging along, churning out 1600 words plus per day of what people would call "brilliant" essays on tough topics such as Medical School core courses. Then I got into a situation where there developed some unavoidable social and business occasions that are still ongoing and will be ongoing that stressed me out and tired and depressed me. The stress and the depression and fatigue got me to the point where I got under the weather in physical health. It was as if the unavoidable social/business occasions were undermining my immune system. Even now, two and a half months after mid-March, I am not back to being what I was, the 1600+ words per day brilliant essay guy. You might be surprised, to what extent being a "brilliant" 1600+ words per day guy, is physical, and has to do with being relaxed and happy.

In the dream I was standing at by refrigerator, with one hand on the open refrigerator door. This pleasant light came out of the refrigerator and was around me. I felt energetic, happy, relaxed and intelligent, because I had been exercising.

When I woke up what I felt I had realized, was, that although I was not regularly exercising prior to Mid March, during a time when I did not have to face stressful tiring depressing events, a time when my pace of productivity was so high, in times past I had faced up to the depressing stressful and tiring social and business occasions that were now overwhelming me, without letting them overhwelm me depress me tire me and stress me, because I had been exercising. So it seemed to me, that we can be highy productive energetic happy and relaxed without exercise, but, there are circumstances in which we need exercise, in order to be highly productive, energetic, happy, and relaxed, because the antidote to certain depressing tiring and stressful events we do not always encounter, is exercise.

Re the "real" world of medical research, seems researchers and analysts make the mistake of thinking something is useless if it is useless in certain circumstances. I would say the fact is, that there are plenty of things that are useful to the psychological-physical health, that are more useful in certain situations than they are in others. Thus, for example, the fact that vitamin E is apparently useless for one kind of population, does not mean it useless for all populations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SM
GA
SC