Thursday, January 27, 2005

Dreams about a room fought over, a roller derby, an Amerind tribe, & batting practice

NOTE: The previous blog-post contained a dream in which I was flying around helicopter style and worried about the dynamics of flight and crashing. I had this dream after the big US military Iraq helicopter crash, and after it was reported in the news media, but before I myself personally heard anything about that crash or about the Vietnam military helicopter crash that occurred the same day. I think of this helicopter style flight dream as not premonitory, but rather, perhaps psychically empathetic.

Last night I took a melatonin pill before I went to sleep. I had not taken a melatonin pill for about a couple of weeks, but last night I took one, because I was having trouble getting to sleep. Then I had some dreams, but, compared to the dreams I had been having without melatonin, these dreams were relatively unemotional and hard to remember. Seems that if I get in the habit of taking melatonin every night, I become sort of unaware of how dreams that occur without melatonin differ from dreams that occur with melatonin.

The dreams I had last night, under the influence of one melatonin pill, were hard to remember, there were many unremembered details, I do not remember well the exact order of the dream segments. I relate now what I can remember, which I present in an order that probably differs significantly from the order they occured in during the night.

There was this large, auditorium like circular room, about 30 yards in diameter, with a ceiling about 50 feet high. On the wooden, light brown floor of the room, there were these orange-brown couches shaped like circles, one circle inside another circle. There were about three of these circle-couches. I saw the room from the vantage point of what seemed like a grandstand seat in a wall, about 30 feet above the floor of the room. This room was almost constantly being fought over by different groups of about 30 people. First one group would own, inhabit, and control this room. Then another group would evict the group that was there. Then yet another group would evict the group that had invaded and occupied the room. On and on it went like that.

Somehow I managed to survive the changes regarding who controlled this room, despite the violent, deadly, conflicts that went on over ownership of the room. I managed to continue inhabiting the room, despite changes of ownership. I survived not by hiding, and not by betraying whatever group I was part of, but by just sort of sitting there and doing nothing. Invaders would sort of simply ignore me and leave me unharmed.

After one of the changes of ownership, the room became taken over by these very wealthy people, who decorated it in an orangish, gypsyish decor. In one of the rooms adjoining the big circular room in the middle, there lived after this change of ownership, a very old white lady, somewhat above average in height, with wavy, short-medium length black hair. I did not get a good look at or remember the details of what her face looked like. The room she lived in, had orange curtains on all the walls, it was gypsyish looking. I was like a butler to her and the other wealthy people who had become inhabitants of the building; I wandered from room to room, singing songs about King David of the Bible in a deep tone of voice.

At one point, the room was invaded by a group whose members wore black leather jackets with silver colored zippers on them. The word was that they were armed with "nukes". The members of this group did alot of ballet-style dancing. This group seemed especially alarming. I rushed outside of the building that contained the big circular central room and the adjoining room. Outside there was a beach and a large body of water. In the building there were snipers, ready to shoot at people who fled. Somehow I sense that one of the snipers was a tall, about six feet four inch tall, white guy with a narrow face, a a pointy chin, brown hair, a mustache, and a goatee. But to me, it seemed that making a rush for the beach, and risking being shot by snipers, was preferable to remaining in the building because it had become taken over by these leather-jacketed dancers with nukes. As I ran out towards the sea, I danced ballet style; I thought maybe this would charm them. I do not remember being shot, but maybe that was because I simply woke up at that point in the dream (one effect of melatonin is that throughout the night you often have to get out of bed to urinate).

At another point, I was on a porch outside the building containing the circular couches with a few people, gathered around a big pipe that resembled an Indian hookah. We smoked hashish out of the hookah. I took a hit off the pipe; the Hashish tasted really good. Seemed people sitting around smoking hashish, was better than people engaging in deadly fights over the building with the big circular room.

At one point, this building containing the big circular room, was taken over by some American group. They sat around on the orangeish couches in the big circular room, and displayed alot of small American flags, on wooden sticks, with gold colored arrow-like objects on the top ends of the sticks.

At one point, one of the groups that had taken over the big building with circular couches in it, was dealing with the captives it had taken amongst the previous owners. About 30 yards away, I saw this white guy, wearing sunglasses and a baseball type cap, who was clean shaven, and had a long large narrowish arrow-head shaped type of face, but with a square jaw, who was wearing a gray sweatshirt, and who was husky and wide shouldered with a big chest, who was about six feet two inches tall. He was standing on what looked like a highway overpass. He threw his captive, who was physically similar to him, over the overpass to his death on the concrete road below. The captive did not scream or make any noise as he died.

In another segment, there was a big circular room almost identical to the one with the circular orange-brown couches, only in this room, the couches were replaced with circular light brown wooden benches a couple of feet wide and a couple of feet high. People in helmets on roller skates skated round and round this room; it was like a roller derby, but the competitors competed as individuals not as teams. If a contestant managed to complete one circle around the room, he would win some money. The other contestants tried to prevent him from completing the circle. About twelve people, I think they were all men, competed at the same time. Looking at them, looking at how big and strong they were, and how easy it would be to get injured running into one of the circular benches or something, I was surprised that I was one of the contestants. At one point I was sitting down next to one of these contestants. He was about six feet two inches tall, husky, white, clean shaven, handsome with a widish boyish face, and medium length (for a man) straight black hair. He wore a roller derby style uniform and helmet. He, sort of sensing what it must be like for someone of average height and build to be involved in such a sport, offered me a drink of tequila.

In another segment, there was an American Indian tribe of about 20-30 people. They were "hanging out" amongst these trees with dark brown, almost black, knobby branches that were about a foot to a foot and a half thick. One of these branches ran almost parallel to the ground. They subjected enemy tribes to terrible tortures; a captive would be tortured horribly for days before dying. Likewise the enemy tribes did the same thing to them when they captured them. This tribe had the habit of eating putrid flesh. Eating putrid flesh had some kind of ritual significance for them.

In another segment, I saw off in the distance, in a hallway that was partially roofed and partiall open to the sky, in a light gray concrete building, some kind of setup where you could go and practice batting in baseball. The pitcher was not a machine, but a person. You had to pay money to get to practice batting, with this pitcher throwing the balls. I headed in the direction of this place because I wanted to practice batting. I was thinking that now that I had finally gotten a chance to engage in a significant amount of batting practice for the first time in my life, I would develop into a pro caliber batter, the type who hits almost every pitch that is a strike that is thrown at him, hits few home runs but maintains a high batting average. When I got there I found out that I would need a credit card in order to be able to pay for the batting practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SM
GA
SC