Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Drum Set Technique

Note: In this post I refer to the cymbal commonly known as hihat or 'hi hat' cymbal, as 'trap cymbal'. 'Trap cymbal' was my name for them as a boy, and so I still think of them that way.

The couple of chances I've had to practice on the drum set at the Homeport studio in Woburn, has resulted in me mentally breaking down the art of drumming on the drumset.

The foot is used to control the trap cymbal, and the foot is natural used to keep time to music. The trap cymbal which is  changed by the trap-cymbal foot pedal, opens up changes in cymbal-noise without having to move the drumstick to a new cymbal. Cymbal-noise is important because its reverberation is the bridge to the melodies of voice and instruments. Once the bass drum and trap-cymbal, via footpedals, and the drumstick on the trap-cymbal are established, the snare-drum aspect comes naturally and properly as exclamation-mark like, as opposed to metronomic.

My teaching when I was a boy emphasized bass-drum and snar-drum but at that time I had a drum-pad to practice the snare-drum on but no way of practicing the trap-cymbal.

I sat down and applied some of the analytical skills that have been strengthened within me due to Use of internet and PC, and thoughtful serious attention to the mental aspect of sports, has strengthened some of my abilities and skills. I applied some of such to the drumset drumming sphere of interest and came up with the following table, which contains my idea as of now re what the basic drumming patterns are:

Drum Set Patterns

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SM
GA
SC