Sunday, October 13, 2013

HIIT Routine (Personal) as of Oct 13 2013

For the past 8 months I did no running (for three months up until a month ago I did almost daily long distance walking). I felt I needed to get to work doing conditioning, following an optimally intelligent routine.

I reviewed my past research on HIIT routines and I did some new research. I thought about my ideas regarding the defects of the common 'wisdom' and new creative improvements.

I went to the Waltham YMCA gym in the evening and spent an hour taking some measurements and doing some running experiments.

I felt a need to move on to something new & different from the past (the past featured long slow jogs and anaerobic sprint/agility drills involving no straightaways of longer than 13 yds without some kind of turn or stop). I knew the routine had to be tailored to my current level of fitness, featuring 8 months without almost zero running.

As usual I felt I had to be: different from what the world has done in the past; and, better than what the world has been in the past.

The HIIT routine I came up with today, for now, for me as I am now (laps = laps of basketball court approx 93 yds in perimeter, 30 yds in length):

Repeat 5x:  alternating cycle of 2 laps run in 66 seconds ('Easy/Brisk Short Paced Jog'); 132 secs rest.

Repeat 8x: alternating cycle of 1.5 laps run in 36 seconds ('GameKool Slow Hustle Trot'); 72 secs rest.

Repeat 20x:  alternating cycle of 3/4ths of a lap run in 14 seconds ('Sonic Speed'); 28 secs rest.

Repeat 30x: alternating cycle of 1.5 lengths of the court run in 10 seconds ('Supersonic Speed'), 20 seconds rest.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SM
GA
SC