Saturday, April 13, 2013

Futsal @ Oak Square YMCA 3/05/13

Here are my mostly unrefined notes for the Tuesday March 5 2013 Oak Square YMCA Soccer League Futsal Games, taken from my paper notebook. My team won the first game, 8-7, I did not note who we beat. 2nd game, North Africans beat the Wheatonites (wheatonites minus the Wheaton college players who did not show up), 10-1, I was not involved in the second game.


Tuesday 3/5 OSY games

Game 1

me in game: us 6, them 3
me not in game: us 2, them 4
Total, us 8 them 7

good 180 degree 1-Touch pass,many shot-blocks. Good aerial 1-Touch 180 degree short pass.
  stolen ball on attempt at sharp 180 degree dribble (stolen from me I think)
  good lead centering pass.
   good simple short 1T, 2T passes.

     At beginning 1st half, (I made 3 mistakes): accidentally passed ball to middle, accidentally passed to other team, chip pass to middle too short.
  Good long RF clearance.

No goals scored by men I was guarding all scored by others. 

Julian hurt his leg.
Julian a student at 'Education First'
Manny looking good today, seemed like winning big last week over the reigning champs, was like a miracle drug for his body and mind.

Buy futsal for less than $30 to share w/ Y.

     Very long shot, 97' in distance, missed by 1', bounced outside goalie's R goal post (I took this shot near my own goal, it was remarkable in that: defenders were very close to me so I had to arch the ball up at a very high angle; the ball reached an apex of about 22'; the ball bounced just a foot outside the goalpost and went wide, but it was almost a goal in that it caught the other team off-guard)
'
     good long RF clearance
     1-T pass opening things up like Calder said (Calder earlier had told me that he had noticed how unlike the others on my team, I make one-touch passes, whereas they always stop the ball before passing. He said my 1-touch passes loosen things up for my team on offense giving an edge that is not there when the passes are not 1-touch passes. When he said this, I had not noticed that my 1-touch passes were opening up things for my team by quickening things and catching the defense more off-guard, but at this point I noticed how me making 1-touch passes was loosening things up in terms of putting time and space between players on my team and those guarding them).

Goals 3' high, 8' wide

  LF shot from 45' on target hard, but right at goalie

Game 2:

Did not play in this game. North Africans beating Wheatonites w/o wheaton (the Wheatonite team today, lacked the players from Wheaton College)

    G2 N Africans 10, Wheatonites, 1


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SM
GA
SC