Thursday, October 12, 2006

Easy quick common sense recipe--healthy fried country style ribs

I admit the first recipe I posted to the web was not excellent. It was about cooking steak with green chili peppers and lime, it failed to take into account how lime and chili peppers change in terms of taste as they are cooked.

I decided to sort of ad lib, as opposed to carefully following recipes, I figured that I am smart enough for such ad libbing.

First I took these country style spare ribs that cost one dollar a pound approx and were supposed to be frozen or consumed by yesterday according to the note on the package. I cut them up into little pieces.

Then I rubbed cayenne pepper powder into them. Then I rubbed Colman's mustard powder into them. Then I rubbed asafoetida powder (hing) into them. Then I rubbed Turmeric into the meat. Then I rubbed a little light cream into the meat, common sense, the most delectable stuff at the best Indian restaurants usually seems to have cream in it. Then I took a Papaya I had bought, cut it open, and rubbed papaya fruit into the meat. Such is common sense, Papaya contains papain a natural meat tenderizer. Then I put the meat into a bag and let it sit in the frig for an hour.

Then I heated an iron pan real hot with no oil in it. Then I threw the marinated meat in and seared it for a couple of minutes on each side with no oil--common sense--hamburgers buffalo burgers etc taste better when seared without oil. Then I put in peanut oil, PEANUT oil (peanut oil is special), and some little 1.5 inch wide potatoes that I had soaked for hours, and a couple of cloves of garlic, uncut unskinned, and some ginger uncut unskinned, and turned the heat down (common sense--they say the skins of potatoes are healthy most probably the skin of garlic and ginger is healthy too.
Then I served the meat and the potatoes with little hot green chili peppers sea salt and lime, squeezed lime onto the meat, ate it with the sea salt and the hot green peppers dipped in the sea salt. The Peanut oil tastes very expensive and delectable when mixed with sea salt and lime and peppers. Again as in Papain common sense--the medical fact is apparently that the lime and the hot peppers cut through the fat in the food rendering it harmless; and sea salt is supposed to in terms of the pH value have a healthy effect on the body, an effect opposite that of table salt in terms of Ph value (switching from table salt to sea salt appears to be the one best move in nutrition but watch it most sea salt is uniodized).

As it turned out the meat tasted great for $1 per pound meat--it was as if the Papaya had marinated the meat to the point where it became quickly cooked in the middle of the cubes of meat, without the meat having to be put in the pan for too long; the papaya's mild subtle flavor in and of itself resembles the kind of taste found in the best meats; the potatoes were a little under cooked easy problem to solve.

What I did here was use India Indian style ingredients, without making the typical India-Indian style mistakes, such as using too much ground coriander/"garam masala", getting obsessed with boiling meat in yogurt with onions, getting obsessed with the fried onions plus spices plus yogurt plus meat India Indian stereotype.

Thus I feel I unleashed all the good in Indian cuisine while suppressing the bad, sort of like journeying back to the time in Indian history featuring non-idolatrous Vedic pre-Christian worship of the trinity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SM
GA
SC