Monday, September 30, 2013

Google Chrome Users are incompetent in the art of using Google Chrome

I consider it crucial, that when I use internet browsers such as the Google Chrome browser, I should be able to: see the keywords submitted to the search engine, highlighted in the pages I go to when I click on the links in the search engine results, and when I click on links in pages arrived at by way of links in the search engine results; be able to to see such highlights not just when the links returned by the search  engine are opened in the same tab the search engine has been opened on, but also when the links are opened in tabs other than the tab the search engine results have been opened in.

When searching the net, things simply become too tiring, slow, and boring absent such abilities.

The Chrome browser has certain advantages compared to other browsers. Sometimes it works more reliably and more quickly compared to other browsers.

I searched long and hard for toolbar/extension/add-on that would enable me to do this when using the Chrome browser. I was able to find five  Chrome add-ons that I thought might possibly give me the powers I sought: Find Many Strings (avg rating 4 stars, 0.7k users); Highlight Keywords for Google Search (avg rating 4 stars, 139k users); Word Highlight (avg rating 4 stars, 20k users); Multihighlighter (avg rating 4 stars, 4k users); and, Eftwo (avg rating 4 stars, 7k users).

For me it's beyond a reasonable doubt, that these are the only programs that come at least close to giving me the powers I desire.

As it turned out, the only program that gives me the powers I desire, is Eftwo. Eftwo goes beyond giving me my minimum standards. It highlights every phrase or word in a different color. It's documentation correctly states, "Find one or more words on a page (by highlight) and don't worry about their connection or inflection (replacing the glass = replaced all glasses".

Yet in the entire world there are only 7,000 Eftwo users, compared to 139 thousand 'Highlight Words for Google Search' users, and 20,000 'Word Highlight' users', this despite the fact that the two alternatives are both very inferior compared to Eftwo.

Despite Eftwo's clear superiority, its average rating in terms of stars out of five stars maximum, was four stars, just like all its competitors.

The reviews of Eftwo subjected Eftwo to ridiculous criticisms, along the lines of: "it does not reveal to me which is the best horse to bet on at the races so its useless, all I can give it is two stars".

As of July 2013, Google Chrome was the world's most popular browser, approx 37% of hits on websites were by way of Chrome; second place was Internet Explorer at 20%. Google Chrome now has 750 million active users worldwide.

Yet in the entire world, there are only 7,119 Eftwo users (number of downloads outside of the Chrome Store, which reported the 7,119 figure, is insignificant), this despite the fact that it has been around for at least two years.

Only one in 100,000 Chrome users is an Eftwo user.

There are 1.54 million university professors in the US. Even if all of the 7119 Eftwo users were US University professors, only one in 216 professors would be Eftwo users.

There are 155 million persons in the US labor force. If every Eftwo user was one of the 15.5 million persons in the top ten percent in income out of the US labor force, only one in 2200 of them, would be an Eftwo user.

It shocks me, how inept Google Chrome users are, when it comes to the art of utilizing Google Chrome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SM
GA
SC