Sunday, December 16, 2012

Soccer Chip Off-Dribble Progress since Dec 11 Games

After the games of Tuesday December 11, I realized my skill-deficiency in terms of angled shots & chips off-the-dribble, especially angled aerial chip-passes of the sort that need to be soft and slow. I understood that my methods of training had overemphasized zero and ninety degree angled kicks.

By the evening of Wednesday December 12th, I had invented optimal drills designed to correct the deficiencies I had noted.

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday & Saturday evenings I shot/passed the ball 120 times in 73 minutes, doing the angled kicks off-the-dribble drills I had invented to cure the weaknesses. After these 73 minutes, I felt certain that I had achieved very significant progress in terms of chipping the ball up off the ground-dribble. Of the 73 minutes, only 40 kicks during 23 minutes, involved chipping the ball off of the dribble. The other 50 minutes involved, kicking the ball low off the dribble.

The 40 chip-kicks done in 23 minutes resulted in: ability to consistently chip the ball up off of a slow dribble, at a high angle, with a soft velocity, to a point close to the intended target point, a point about 13 feet high on the wall and 24 feet away. This despite the difficulties of chipping a ball up off of a wood floor.

After I noted the improvement, I was thinking: as a result of the aerial-dribbling work, I have developed the ability to quickly improve to an impressive level, doing semi-aerial stuff like chip-passes, that are more often actually encountered during games. I should consider the possible alternatives when it comes to working on semi-aerial type stuff commonly encountered during games. Some such alternatives: flip rolling ball up into aerial control; flip bouncer up into aerial control; multi-bounce aerial dribbles; ground-trap bouncer; ground-trap volley. Idea being that hence the aerial-dribble work I have done in the past can be exploited, so as to produce extraordinary progress in such semi-aerial type stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SM
GA
SC