Saturday, December 08, 2012

Soccer Pre-Game Practice Routine

So there is an evening of games coming up on Tuesday December 11. So I decided to get the practice-work designed to prepare for the game on Tuesday, done Saturday. That will leave Sunday and Monday to take it easy and do any pre-game practice that does not get done on Saturday.

I distinguish game-preparation practice-work, from the type of practice I have been doing past three days, aerial-attack-pattern work. The game-prep routine is focused on developing the kinds of skills that I commonly use in games. The aerial-attack-pattern work focuses on skills that I hope to one day implement in games.

Saturday Game-Prep Soccer Practice Routine, to Prep for Tuesday Game

1. 35 minutes conditioning run, + 20 minute post-run cooldown

2.- Corner 0, 5 vars, 21 H/var
2.1- Corner 1, 6 vars, 15 H/var
2.2- Corner 2, 4 vars chosen at random from 10 possible vars, 15 H/var; vars 10, 8, 6, 8 chosen at random
Note: there are now 10 variations of 'Corner 2'. Doing all 10 variations in one practice, is problematic because of: time spent understanding a variation before executing it; and, time spent switching from one variation to the other. Hence I for this week selected at random 4 of the possible 10 variations.

3.1 Aerial Attack Pattern 'Eagle', 8 FB, 6 SB
3.2 Aerial Attack Pattern 'Wildcat', 8 FB, 6 SB
Note: the 'Eagle' (88%) & the 'Wildcat' (88%) have had the highest successes/attempts percentages recently. Both these patterns advance me about 40 feet forwards using one bounce and a few touches, and, involve a chip sending the ball to an unusually high apex. In this type of practice I focus on the upcoming game, not on working on things I expect to be ready for games say a month from now.

4.1- Straight 0, 5 vars, 24 H/var
4.2- Straight 1, 4 vars, 26 H/var
4.3- Straight 2, 4 vars chosen at random from 9 possible vars, 22 H/var; vars 8, 7, 4, 5 chosen at random
Note: there are now 9 variations of 'Straight 2'. Doing all 9 variations in one practice, is problematic because of: time spent understanding a variation before executing it; and, time spent switching from one variation to the other. Hence I for this week selected at random 4 of the possible 10 variations.

5- 1 wall chip drills, 45 minutes.

Note: I find that I perform better, and accomplish more per minute, when I schedule myself to do a given number of repetitions with a drill, as opposed to scheduling myself to do a drill for a given number of minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SM
GA
SC