Monday, November 26, 2012

soccer trap/dribble & pass drill progress

I've been working on drills that involve the simulation of: on the first touch, trapping an incoming pass while simultaneously dribbling in a certain direction; on the second, passing in a certain direction on the next touch; repeat cycle.

I realized during the previous indoor soccer season, when a ball was stolen from me by the 'Moroccan International' (such or near such was the name I gave him), that I had to learn how to dribble an incoming ball in a chosen direction on the same touch that I first touch it, as opposed to on one touch stopping the ball and on the second touch dribbling it in a given direction. The 'Moroccan International' stole the ball from me in between the time I first stopped the incoming ball on the first touch, and the time that I intended to dribble the ball on the second touch.

By simultaneous trap & dribble I mean: in one touch on the ball, I both trap or stop & control the incoming ball & also dribble it in a given direction.

Through practice, I have been developing for vars 2& 3 & 5, a fluid childlike relaxed graceful style, that optimizes accuracy, and minimizes energy expenditure and physical & mental stress.

Everything is more relaxed when the number of hits on the wall are counted doing a variation, as opposed to counting how many minutes are spent doing a varation.

It's Amazing how much fun simple fundamentals can be, and how much one can improve on simple fundamentals. Things are getting well controlled, smooth.
Endurance is being built for movements different than those covered in the conditioning drill I do.

It's exciting when a practice is well-planned, well-thought-out, & also well-executed. It's like a competent orchestra playing a well-written melody.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SM
GA
SC