Saturday, August 26, 2006

Reggie Bush and Myself are Like Twins: Dream

The dream:

I was a student on the Harvard University campus. Most of the students and teachers on campus seemed to be American black males. Reggie Bush the American tackle football phenom was one of the students on the campus. I could feel and sense the similarity between me and Reggie Bush. It was as if Reggie Bush and I were twins. He has been a tackle football great for years and I have recently morphed into a soccer great. Reggie Bush is a pro rookie about 22 years old, I am in my forties, but since I have spent alot of time not messing around with soccer, college and pro level soccer is as new to me as college and pro level tackle football is new to Reggie Bush. The 2006 World Cup was the first time in my life I have taken a close look at the top level of soccer, the first time I have ever recorded games, then analyzed them using pause, reverse, fast forward, forward, slow motion, frame by frame.

I was one of about eighty students in some class about things like sports and soccer. I was a top student in the class. The large modern carpeted classroom was dimly lit with a yellowish light, the students and the teacher were black silhouettes. In the class room I did some flashy juggling with the ball, standing in place and kicking the ball high over my head with my feet three or four times; however in real waking life I have not been doing this kind of juggling, because in my judgement, in a game, if you do this kind of juggling, a defender will just come up to you and knock the ball away--and in real life I have not developed to my knowledge, competence in this kind of juggling.

I had started writing out a movie script featuring about a half dozen black men from the campus in starring roles. These black men all looked different from each other, they were all cool in their own unique way. It was a good, solid, competent well done movie script but only about the first half hour of the two hour movie had been gotten done.

I was in a weightlifting class. The inside of the weightlifting class looked like the inside of the soccer slash sports class, there were about forty students in the weightlifting class, most of the students were black males, seemed the teacher was black, the class was dimly lit with yellow lights except for extra brightness up at the front where the teacher was, there was carpeting on the floor, it was a big modern classroom, everyone in the class looked like a black silhouette. We did lots of reps with the barbell in some exercise meant to build up the shoulders. My shoulders became big huge brown muscular shoulders in just the first hour of this kind of weightlifting in this class.

I was way behind on about three of the academic classes, I knew this as I looked at some lounge lit with yellow light, which had brown furniture and brown carpeting. I was hopelessly behind in these three classes. I had been skipping classes, skipping examinations, not studying. The only question remaining for these three classes, was, would I be able to bail out on them, drop them, so the grade was "incomplete", or "course never taken"; or was it too late for this would I end up getting an F in all three courses.

I saw a couple of men from the white minority on the campus. One was of moderate not-fat build, about six feet tall, almost black hair, beard and mustache, trimmed short, severe and serious looking, in his forties. The other one was it seemed clean shaven, with straight medium brown hair average length for a man, about six feet tall, athletically built, did not see his face but seemed he was handsome, he was in his twenties.

There were some unremembered details to the dream.

In real life I have been having trouble just getting out of bed and just getting to soccer practice and doing the soccer practice, because I have come to realize how people love to discriminate on the basis of age, and this is demoralizing and discouraging.

See http://www.angelfire.com/ma/vincemoon/Soccairtwo.htm to read about my soccer exploits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SM
GA
SC