Monday, August 21, 2006

Orbiting Planet Earth, the Dyrud Family, the 'msn.com' Girls: Dreams

Once in a while, a blogger reporting dreams he has had, can add the improvement of a human touch to a blog. I haven't been bothering with reporting most of my dreams, but last time I was asleep I had a dream that seemed special in terms of the fact that it was more emotional than most dreams.

In the first dream I had last time I lied down to sleep (my sleep was interrupted lately I have been able to only sleep for an hour or so at a stretch before waking up), I was orbiting earth like a spacecraft, going round and round around the earth. I looked at the earth, it looked like a blue and white marble, against a black background. After orbiting earth for a while, I left the orbit and sailed off into space, further and further away from the blue and white marble.

In the second dream, the emotional one, I was in this big house where the bigshot psychiatrist Jarl Dyrud and his daughter Anne, who went to my high school lived. There was a front door, and then inside the house about five yards in from the front door, there were some steps, about four of them, leading up to where there was a second door, and then inside the second door was the living room, the kitchen etc etc. I was sitting on these steps leading to the second door, facing the door that led to the outdoors. Seemed that these steps had regularly been my perch for three or four days. The path from the first door to the second door including the steps I was sitting on were covered by a grayish-brown colored carpet.

A large black dog that lived in the house and belonged to the Dyruds was keeping me company. It was purring like a cat. In the area between the first door and the second door, there were lots of colorful objects, I don't remember exactly, but seemed these objects were things like toys, dolls, that kind of thing. One of the colorful objects was mostly red in color. I was thinking to myself, that I could work hard every day all my life, and still not have enough money to afford this house I was in and the things that were in the house. I could hear the noise of Anne and her friends inside the house, the noise was not loud, because it was a big house, the noise had to travel a fair distance to reach my ears. Predictably I felt happy and relaxed, not stressed and depressed as I have generally been lately.

The front door opened, Mr. Jarl Dyrud opened it and came inside. He was wearing a brown trenchcoat and a scarf with red coloring in it. I did not see his face as he was looking downwards and to the side. The black dog that had been peaceably sitting with me and purring, approached him aggressively, seemed there might be some problem, even though this black dog was the resident dog in the house.

Next thing I knew I heard the voice of Jimmy Marks, who was a short thin cheerful loquacious freckled boy when I knew him when he attended the high school Anne and I attended. He was shouting about how in both Boston and Chicago my brother's penis was bigger than mine. This angered me and I tried to get out of bed to confront him. But as I tried to get out of bed, something held me back--it was Anne, I was lying on my back on top of her in my bed, she was lying on her back underneath me, I had not even realized she was there, and with her arms she was holding the upper part of my body, and with her legs she was holding the lower part of my body, preventing me from rising from my bed to go and confront Jimmy Marks. I could sense the good part of her personality as she lay under me, she reminded me of the good part of Linda Skinner's personality (Linda also went to my high school and her dad was also a bigshot doctor), mentally strong, smart, concerned--but it seems to me in reality she and Linda Skinner (I've heard the same kinds of rumor about Linda Skinner wanting to repair her broken relationship with me) have been rivalrous with each other, jealous of each other.

Seems you can get these weird results, two women getting jealous of each other, and then what you end up with is that your relationship with both of them gets broken. As I struggled to attempt to get out of the bed the dream ended. I wonder if the dream had anything to do with me having sent an email to the "Royal Norwegian Embassy". I experienced a fun, happy relaxed atmosphere in the dream, which in my mind contradicted some vision a Catholic saint, Hildegard I think it was, had about Lutherans (the Dyruds I would guess have a Lutheran background) descending into hell. Then again I am not a Lutheran and they were being nice and hospitable with me.

Waking up I was thinking to myself, yet another example of me being Christian, forgiving, un-angry when asleep, compared to being unforgiving and angry when awake. While awake I had been angrily thinking, I've heard what seem to me to be rumors that Anne wants to repair her relationship with me, but how in heck can she expect me to psychically discern this, and how can she burden me with the burden of tracking her down and contacting her? And while being awake I had been feeling angry that I should have to pursue Linda with phone calls etc., as opposed to vice versa.

The third dream I had last time I laid down to sleep, I was out on the basketball court practicing soccer, at the outdoors basketball court where in real waking life I was doing so well practicing soccer that on two different occasions carloads of people stopped for twenty to thirty minutes to stare at me as if they were looking at a ghost, and where a couple of teenagers expressed how they felt the great Diego Maradona was not my equal. As I practiced, the thought in my head, was that in practicing soccer I was sort of struggling in behalf of these two strong, pretty, and very busty women, one from Arlington School in Belmont who shocked me by coming on to me in a McDonalds, and the other this woman who works at the local Supermarket who one day blurted out to me "I do". In the dream, the photo I often see at msn.com lately, of two young women wearing pink hats, who resemble these two women, which when clicked on leads to http://obey.msn.com/?GT1=8427 was a photo of these two women. This dream about playing soccer for them was not as emotional as the one about Anne, who is more moderately built than these two.

By the way, I had a dream a few years ago that one day people would say that I am a better player than Diego Maradona, but I paid it no attention since at the time I thought I was not fast enough (an old wives tale is that you can't get faster and won't get faster than you are in high school), and since I had been schooled to think of such dreams as "wish fulfillment".

When I awoke I was thinking of how I have heard this deep-voiced announcer carrying on about how busty women are easily tortured and will apostasize from Christianity under torture, and are not "tough" in conflict. The thoughts in my mind when I awoke, were that at times when I have been "in the Spirit", that is strongly able to feel God's Spirit, I had not even thought about the question of whether I would apostasize under torture, I had not even thought about whether I would be tough enough to endure torture without apostasizing: this in part because though many Christians are swayed hither and thither by non-biblical testimonies, my Christianity has always been based on the Bible which emphasizes the love of God and tells believers to be faithful unto the death but does not specifically demand that they tough it out under horrible tortures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SM
GA
SC