Monday, July 03, 2006

I am, similar to Brazil's Ronaldinho, like a "Virgilinho"?

Virgilinho

My brother said that Sal from Ecuador who he shares an apartment with is "Virgilinho", as in the superstar Ronaldinho of Brazil, put together with me, Virgil, Virgil being my middle name, the name they address me by around here, seeing that there are too many "Davids".

Yet whenever there are more applicants for jobs at an employer than there are jobs, I don't get the job, in what now seems to me to be the Heironymous-Bosch-painting style madhouse of disorder that is the Masshole private sector.

Plenty of people know how great I have become at soccer by now--people have seen me, there have been plenty of witnesses. Certain cults advocate the telling of lies but the advantage of being known for being honest is that you can successfully peddle yourself, make others see how good you are even though they have not seen you in person.

And as time passes their opinion of me relative to other socccer type football players rises. This is what the world cup has done, to increase my standing vis a vis other players through the observation of them, though during the world cup I did not improve myself as a player.

Now Ronaldinho from the age of seven had the advantage of having an older brother who was a pro who taught him the game. By way of contrast for me in the USA it was the opposite, utter ignorance re soccer everywhere. I don't want to seem to insult the USA's soccer coaches, they themselves grew up in an atmosphere characterized by ignorance re soccer, but the fact remains, these coaches were not proficient in teaching the fine points of the game such as dribbling; and they adhered to the myth that one cannot make oneself a faster sprinter.

I can sprint 14 yards 45 times in an hour, using a mix of about 35 percent striking the ball with my left foot, 35 percent striking it with my right foot, 20 percent of the hits on the ball being with my head, and 10 percent with the thighs or chest, keeping the ball under control but off the ground. I can do this at top speed for myself as a sprinter. Apparently I have what would be considered "blazing speed" for a World Cup level soccer player and could get even faster. Plus I am wide and thick (though narrow and light in certain parts) and have a frame that could carry 180 lbs well at a height of 5'10". By way of comparison, the faster sprinters in the World Cup soccer tend to be lighter and or shorter than me. It would be bad taste to compare myself to a heavy fast combat jet airplane like the A-10 "Warthog" jet fighter but there you go. The name of the town I live in is Waltham, similar to "Warthog".

You can get an idea of what I do watching the tennis matches on television:

The outside dimensions of the playing lines shall be as follows:

Doubles 36' x 78' (10.973 m x 23.774 m)


Look at the tennis player at the far end of the court in the TV screen. The court, including the lanes excluded when singles are played as opposed to doubles, is 11 meters, about 12 yards wide. That player in the middle of those 12 yards looks small. He looks like if he was a soccer player he would be easily overcome by someone who can sprint 14 yds full speed keeping the soccer ball off the ground but under control. And he is what he looks like, I can easily overcome most defenders.

My speed level might be like only a slow wide receiver in the USA's pro tackle football; but it has to do with the laws of supply and demand they teach you in college economics. The supply of fast sprinters who can handle the difficult skills involved in soccer is lower than the supply of fast sprinters who can handle the skills involved in tackle football. Thus what is slow in the USA's tackle football becomes blazing fast in the soccer world.

You can find out more about how much I know re how fast I am and how fast I could be at:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.sport.track-field/browse_frm/thread/22f321cf67ff73bc/aa69681bc5f96cde?lnk=st&q=%2240+yard+dash%22++%22TENTHS+OF+A+SECOND%22&rnum=2&hl=en#aa69681bc5f96cde


@2006 David Virgil Hobbs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SM
GA
SC