Friday, June 30, 2006

World Cup Dream

I don't remember the exact sequence of events. During the dream the light outside was as in early morning or late evening. Best as I can remember, first me and this group of women who I've heard "do" as in "I do" with me, about 20-30 of them, were playing soccer...we were a family...I remember two of the women specifically, a tall busty blonde I saw at a local bar re whom I heard that "she does" (the Frosty's/Lincoln girl), and a short black haired beauty who came on to me when she was too young for me, the "Myrtle St girl", re whom I've heard that "she does".

The person defending this local tall busty blonde lady in a soccer game fell down, I passed her the ball, it was a perfect pass, the ball led her perfectly, not too high, not too low, I immediately sent the ball to the person who should be passed to, her, not someone else. This was near 55th St. Hyde Park Chicago where I grew up, by the bridge that runs over 55th near the Co-op, we were playing an informal game on 55th St. In my mind was the thought that the USA gave up on economic nationalism because of some war the USA lost, we had become like a poor Latin nation and China had become rich like we used to be, but, hey we were still alive.

Then we were in a stadium at the World Cup, these women in this family that was me and them, were having a rough wrestling match in the stands, someone videotaped it, I was thinking we must have gotten 20 seconds of quality video out of the fighting.

Then a soccer team composed of me and these women was playing Mexico, in a World Cup stadium, in front of the big crowd. The lighting was dim, the ground was uneven, preventing me from doing some slick things, some of my dribbling runs were successful for several yards but ended with me losing the ball or having to pass, I had to be all over the field, being the best player on my team. I remember putting on a wall pass combination with one of the women on my team that had a quick little Mexican defender running here and there while we retained possession of the ball. But the score held at 0-0. Alot of the women on my team were stocky and or busty but they were fast and quick. For some reason we were Argentina, or like Argentina, or thought of as Argentina, because one of the women on our team resembled the legendary big bust star "Titanic Tina"...I was thinking to myself what great people tomboy women are...

While we were playing Mexico, I could hear this song playing, from what was kind of a golden age in the USA that gave rise to all kinds of musical expression. The song was, "Still in love with you" by Al Green ( http://www.mp3lyrics.org/a/al-green/still-in-love-with-you/ ).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SM
GA
SC