Sunday, June 11, 2006

World Cup Soccer Football Day 3 Notes

My thoughts after watching Mexico beat Iran 3-0.

1 Seems there are things worse than the scorned alternative the aerial/ground ball dribbling attack minded ball hog.Fart around with the ball, alot of short passes, wall passes, retreat 35 yards, while playing back and forth with little short passes, then lose the ball. This is supposed to be better than an aggressive ball hog who tries to dribble past defenders, keeping the ball in the air and also on the ground???

2 Plenty of lame long passes, lame penalty kicks, lame corner kicks, lame crosses into the middle, lame long shots from a distance. This is supposed to excel attempts to dribble the ball past defenders with the ball in the air and also with the ball on the ground???

3 Mexico second goal, #7 Antonio Naelson stuttered before passing to Bravo who scored. Naelson kept the ball and moved a little with it before passing off. If Naelson had been acting the way the world cuppers did yesterday, he would have passed it as soon as it got to him, the positioning would have been inadequate, no goal would have been scored. Ivory Coast in its game against Argentina, seemed to me of being guilty of failing because their players did not hold on the ball and move at least a yard with it before passing or shooting.

4 Do'nt Get too Pompous RE Aspects in Which World Cuppers Excel Me

Mexico headed in cross, third goal of Mexico, Mexican headed in a cross. Don't expect me to be good at that stuff, until you let me get ten hours of a hundred balls an hour crossed into me, with a smart coach advising me. This handling balls crossed in, is something that is drilled for when you have people there to cross the balls in to you, one after another, so you can get alot of practice done in just a few minutes. Until you have people to do such things for you, cross the balls into you, nobody should expect you to be stellar in that particular aspect. What are they nuts? When I don't have sycophants around to cross balls into me one after the other, using about twenty different balls all at once, at such a time, the best thing for me is to work on some other aspect that is better worked on when drilling alone. C'est la guerre. So it goes. Even the best athlete in the world would fall behind at ricocheting balls crossed into him in the middle towards the goal, if he ended up in an isolated position without sycophants to cross the ball in to him in practice.

The World Cuppers are good at trapping long balls that fly to them in the air, again, you ca'nt expect me or the world's greatest athlete to excel at such until we have assistants to fire off long passes to us in practice.

The world cuppers are good at shielding the ball from the other side with their body while dribbling it, without making forward progress with the ball. This is the aspect in which they most excel me. Again, you cannot expect me or Captain America or Penguin or anyone to excel at this until we get expert coaching re this aspect and a chance to practice it in drills.

I could make quick progress in these areas with a few hours of tutoring and few hours high intensity practice with assistants to pass balls to me.

5 The soccer world's idea of "blazing speed", is some Iranian named something Habi, who can sprint 100 yds in ten seconds. His speed compared to the world record in the 100 yd dash correlates to a 4.9 second 40 yd dash compared to the world record 4.4 second 40 yd dash time. So you can see how since soccer is so demanding skill wise, blazing speed is in the soccer world is not that fast compared to say pro tackle football in the USA. My estimate now is that I could sprint faster than this Iranian blazing speed guy, while at the same time keeping the soccer ball off the ground but close to my body, over 10 20 30 yards. I estimate sprinting without the ball I'd be faster than him. But in the US pro tackle football world, a 4.9 second 40 would be I guess slightly slower than the slowest US wide receivers in the pro leagues.

6 Mexico came out with three forwards, did well, somehow I could feel that it would. I felt that all these teams playing with just two forwards in the 2006 World Cup had been bizarre. I felt the unnatural exclusion of a center forward was inhibiting goal scoring. The Mexican three forward attack seemed common sensical and natural to me. Last time I played soccer we usually had five forwards three halfbacks and two fullbacks. Not having at least three forwards strikes me as fundamentally excessively innovative eccentric unnatural and non-commonsensical.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SM
GA
SC