Monday, March 21, 2005

Dream about being in a library in Germany

Dream I had night of March 21 (no melatonin involved)

In the dream, I was in a library in Germany. It seemed like a modern, public, neighborhood library. The shelves were about five feet tall, a light brown color. The carpet was a color like a combination of blue and light gray. There were young men and middle aged men around me, about a yard to a couple of yards away from me. I saw one of them well enough to notice what he looked like: he was a smiling white guy, average or slightly above average in height, of a slim build, clean shaven, with a narrowish face, fairly handsome, with normal length slightly wavy black hair, wearing a white long sleeved shirt and no tie. He was about a yard in front of me, bending over for some reason, I saw his face in profile. He was smiling about something but he was'nt looking directly at me. His smiling face was not concave, but for some reason it still reminded me of the crescent moon, maybe because when people smile, their chin moves out and up slightly while their lips move back. There was also a young pleasant looking clean shaven white guy with straight brown hair, cut sort of boyishly like the bowl-cut, longer than an adults, near me who I did not get a good look at.

I felt aware of the brown color of my skin in the latest photos of me, I saw that color in my mind's eye. I was wondering how Germans would treat me. I was wondering what Germans were like. I had run into German-americans in my life, but not Germans from Germany. I was wondering how Germany Germans differed from German-americans. The impression I had of the men in the library, was that they were intelligent enough, of at least above average in intelligence in terms of the typical IQ way of looking at things, and also intelligent in a way that does'nt show up in IQ tests, more intelligent than people of other nations in this way that does'nt show up on IQ tests. They seemed to be intelligent in this different way, and also civilized. Seemed like they were the type that used what intelligence they had, and acted on the intelligence they had. They did not seem like the type that arrives at intelligent conclusions but neglects those conclusions behaviorally; they did not seem like the type that has a good mind but neglects to use it. Seemed you could sort of feel how they were from a higher class of people than the German-americans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SM
GA
SC