Thursday, July 09, 2015

Department of Housekeeping

I intend to use this blog-post for sub-posts re housekeeping.

-------
7/9/2015

People talk about writer's block but I have housekeeping-block. I procrastinate housekeeping for unreasonable amounts of time. Today I succeeded in 1) Cleaning un-needed unwanted stuff out of the frig (85 minutes); 2) washing pots & dishes, cooking spaghetti, cleaning the countertops, & mopping the kitchen floor (134 minutes). As usual I felt great after doing this and could not understand why I had procrastinated given how great I end up feeling after getting the stuff done and how much getting it done improves my life (my cooking is much impaired by refrigerator countertop & sink clutter; I perform better in stuff like sports when I cook my own food).

During the hours between waking up & finally getting the chores done: all I ate was half a bagel & a McD's double-cheeseburger & fries special for $2.50; all I drank was lots of lemongrass/ginger green-tea & ice; I took little 30 minute or so 'naps' but without falling asleep; every now & then I took a shower to cool off (my apt is hotter and more humid than it is outdoors, trying to save money on the air conditioning electric bill, acclimatize to the heat so as to do better when practicing sports);  drank no alcohol.

I treated the housekeeping chores the way I treat a sports practice. I started & stopped the stopwatch to time how long it would take. A few times I started the prayers I say before practice, without ever finishing them, yet they still seemed helpful.

-------

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SM
GA
SC