Monday, August 20, 2012

My personal soccer exploits over the past two months

June 24, about two months ago, I became serious about getting an air-dribble attack ready to the point where I could confidently implement it in games (air-dribble = ball is kept in the air and under control while body and ball move at up to high speeds and long distances).

I had over the previous year managed to get myself involved in lots of actual indoor soccer games with other players; this experience had taught me, that although I had developed impressive air-dribble abilities in practice (to the point where spectators scoffed at the greatest players of all-time when watching me), the abilities I had developed were futuristic and not ready to be implemented in games. I learned that I needed to polish to a high degree of reliability and perfection, aerial dribble attacks that actually could be with confidence implemented in games in the present tense; I realized that moves I had been practicing were dependent upon starting, preceding touches that had to be polished up to the point where they could be implemented with a high degree of confidence.

Starting June 24 I was carefully recording the results of my attempts at air dribble runs in a straight line, involving: 20 to 40 foot distance covered with ball off ground and close to body; ball touched 5 to 7 times with left or right foot; chip over imaginary defender on 4th or 6th touch.

Over the past two months:

I decided to use thoughtful cleverness to improve my rate of improvement in terms of skill in the air-dribble maneuvers.

I utilized lessons learned regarding how to accelerate skill improvement, that I had learned last year when involved in my 'quixotic', 'bridge over the river kwai-type' effort to develop the ability to make 90 degree aerial turns with the ball touched on every step before and after the turn during the aerial run.

I stuck with a determination to develop my right-footed skills (I am naturally left-footed), having learned during the 'quixotic' 90-degree-turn-ball-touched-on-every-pace phase, that even hopelessly difficult tricks can be mastered with the off-foot (the clumsy foot). My success in terms of developing my right-handed shot in basketball had taught me that with patience I can accomplish the unbelievable with my right hand even though I am left-handed.

I applied a thoughtful carefully-developed methodology to development of my right-footed skills.

I successfully implemented the 'automatic mastery' trick of skill development acceleration: mastery of the use of the right-foot on the first touch of the runs, automatically created improvement on right-footed touches that came after the first touch.

The result after the past two months of the application of various carefully-thought-out tactics designed to accelerate improvement in development of skill, have been fantastic: fast runs, low failure rate on runs, precise accurate ball placement, long distances achieved on runs, tightly controlled runs.

I only regret that due to: my own reluctance to drive my body and mind too hard, & the lack of open gym time, the amount of practice time I have gotten in has been far below 24 hours per week.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SM
GA
SC