Friday, May 18, 2012

Adidas Top Sala X IN my choice for soccer shoes

Today I bought, for my new pair of soccer shoes, a pair of Adidas Top Sala X IN indoor soccer shoes. Since June 2010 I had been using Adidas Predator Absolado X IN indoor soccer shoes, which lasted for 23 months before beginning to fall apart in the right heel area (one reason for the problem in the right heel area, I suspect, was a shock absorbing layer I added to the inside of the shoe).

In June 2010, I explained my reasoning behind getting the Adidas Predator Absolado X indoor shoes, in a blog-post entitled, "Adidas Absolado X IN my choice for soccer shoes".

Since the previous post re choosing the Absolado, my reasoning regarding soccer shoes has changed as a result of experience.

Previously I felt that shoelaces running down the outside of the foot would be an advantage, because they would provide grip and spin for the ball, when I used the foot to kick an airborne ball outwards at a 90 degree angle. However with the passage of time I learned that this outwards aerial turn, is best accomplished by contacting the ball with the front top of the foot, not the side of the foot.

While using the Predator Absolados, which feature the shoelaces running down the outside of the foot, I came to realize that because of the shoelaces running down the outside of the foot, I was experiencing performance impairment doing one of my most impressive, important aerial tricks.

The impaired aerial trick involves: touching the ball on every step while keeping the ball in the air while moving forwards at a brisk pace; (optionally) skipping on every step; the ball being kept approx one foot above the ground the entire time; strong backspin being put on the ball. I came to realize that the shoelaces running down the outside of the shoe, resulted in impairment of the backspin that is a natural intrinsic element of this and other similar tricks.

In general I arrived at the conclusion that the shoelaces running down the outside of the foot (Predator Absolado) is an option that is in a sense inferior to the shoelaces running down the middle of the foot, because of the mental confusion and complexity created by the lack of symmetry.

Performing difficult aerial tricks like sprinting 15 meters touching the ball with alternating left and right feet every three paces while keeping the ball close to the body but off the ground, while zig-zagging, involves split-second calculations that are already complex enough, without the entire matter being complicated even further, due to the inside of the foot interacting with the ball differently than the outside of the foot does (because of the shoelaces running down the outside of the foot).

I found that the best technique for aerial turns to the outside, involved striking the ball with the front top of the foot. I could find on the internet only two "indoor" shoes which combined unusual surfacing on the front top of the foot (which might be expected to increase control when the ball is struck with the front top of the foot), with ALSO the shoelaces running down the middle.

The two were the Adidas Top Sala and the Adidas Adi5 Xite. The Top Sala features a "mesh" type surface on the top front, and the Adi5 features a "touch compound grid" type surface on the top front of the foot.

But as it turned out, at the store, I saw that the official Adidas sign under the Adi5 said that the shoe was designed for "artificial grass".

The sole of the Adi5 contains lots of little knobs, like miniature cleats. The man at the store told me such would leave markings on a basketball court floor and not be allowed by the court management.

I could not find any shoes designed for the basketball court with soles like the Adi5. But there were many basketball shoes with soles similar to those found on the Top Sala.

I am convinced people understimate the advantages of practicing soccer on an indoor basketball court. For example, on an indoor basketball court, one can execute corner drills, involving facing a corner, and alternating between kicking the ball at the left wall and the right wall. A couple of hours spent doing such corner drills, can improve one's skills more than ten hours spent booting the ball around outdoors.

Indoor shoes can be used on any surface. But outdoors shoes, cannot be used indoors.

@2012 David Virgil Hobbs

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

SM
GA
SC