Wednesday, November 25, 2009

online chat customer service at Hewlett Packard impressive

I had a problem with a CD containing the Users Manual for a Samsung monitor, not running on an Hewlett Packard computer that I keep offline. I was impressed by the free chat technician (chat using keyboard) help I got from HP re the problem, despite it having been several years since the computer was bought and warranties etc having expired. The free chat, with a transcript kept of the entire chat, is very reasonable compared to other methods of customer service. I estimate that such chat, with transcripts kept, would be a big step forward in areas such as educational student/teacher interactions, and organization management.

See:

"Transcript of my free chat with a Hewlett Packard (HP) technician, re a CD that would not run in an HP Computer"
http://coolname001.angelfire.com/hpchat.htm

Labels: , , ,

SM
GA
SC